Friday, July 16, 2010

One Layer Wednesday 12-Watercolour

At One-layer-Wednesday the challenge is to use watercolour and I do love to colour with my watercolour pens from Derwent. I usually stamp the image with inks and then colour it, this time I coloured the stamp itself with the watercolours. It was quite tricky to get enough water but not too much. I guess the card could be better, but I'm embracing imperfection this time as well as all the soft whiteness.

As usually with one layers I now have a pile with not so good cards, I'll hide the ugly stamping with decor papers and no one will ever know :)

I stamped with Penny Black's Leopard's Bane and a sentiment from Kortmakaren. It says Thank You in Swedish. I used my stamp positioner to get the text on place, this stamp is just awful to get straight by eye sight. At least I can't...

Hope you get a fab day filled with crafting and sunshine!

Hugs
Maarit

4 comments:

  1. You made my day! I too have difficulty getting the right amount of water for that technique, and ALWAYS some small part of the image gets messed up. But that's the IN style these days, so we who prize perfection are called upon to loosen up and live life a little on the Wild Side!

    I think your card is perfect!

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love the bright colors and I think it's perfect! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message. Hugs right back to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been my problem too. I must be using too much water...I just got globs of a watery mess on my paper...You did and excellent job with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maarit, what do you mean "could be better"? This is PERFECT and brought a big smile to my face! It's so cheerful!

    And don't we all have sentiments that require stamp positioners. I actually write "crooked" on the wood block to remind myself that they need a little help standing up straight. One Merry Christmas I have is actually even mounted upside down!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit