Friday, July 2, 2010

Keeping it clean


Hope you're all well and comfy! I'm done with all the meetings for this week and enjoying the glorious sunshine. Mostly in the shadow or indoors at midday I might add, I'll only turn red in the sunshine even with thick layers of SPF 30.

I've gone for the clean look with this card, nice as a change. The sentiment says Happy Birthday in Swedish. My first attempt to sew the checks to create a quilt effect was very awkward, I sat there sweating, he he. But my second try was better. Sometimes the clean look is more difficult to create, with a lot of embellies you can always hide your small faults.

Image: Penny Black and Kortmakaren
Colours: watercolour pens, Stickles for gift and grass
Tools: Nestabilities, sewing machine
Papers are from my stash. The blue one is glossy to add more interest to the card.

Simon Says Challenge: Check it out!
Penny Black Saturday: Paper Patch
A Spoon Full Of Sugar: Animal Crackers (sorry, couldn't get my teenage sons to leave their computer games for card making, isn't that surprising, he he)

Thanks for visiting and any comments you may leave.

Hugs
Maarit

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Maarit, such a sweet image and pretty colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet card maarit....and love your paper patching and great stitching too...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Maarit. I love the stitching, it was worth all the effort!
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny Black has the cutest hedgehogs, doesn't she? :) Cute card - I love the checks on the right side, too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card Maarit - fab paper patch and super stitching. Thanks for joining int his week's PBSC
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely Card.
    Thanks for joining in by SimonSaysChallenge and PB-Challenge.
    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit