Saturday, June 12, 2010

Something new, something old...

Hi there! Hope you're all enjoying a fab start on the weekend. Today we have indoors weather, so I've done a bit cleaning and have the rest of the day free for crafting. That's a perfect start! Might need to do something with the family too as the sons are on their summer leave, ten long weeks. I think some Monopoly will be perfect later today. I always lose, he he.

I had a lot of fun with this card. I used the old stippling technique to create the background, different Distress Inks (from dark blue to pale pink and beige) on glossy paper. Made masks to create the sun and the clouds, borrowed the idea from the lovely Jules. The stamps are new for me, two lovely Stampscapes.

By the cute and girly:“something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue..”
The ABC challenge: weather
Stampi'n for the weekend: summer/travel theme

Thank you for visiting and for any comments you leave! Be sure to come back next week, I'll have a small blogoversary/birthday candy!

Love
Maarit

9 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit

    I adore your card, the colours are perfect and love the stamps, need to look into them.

    So pleased you liked Jules card, it's one she made at my class last week and was dissapointed with it, but she persevered and the end product was lovely. If she reads this, we expect more like it Jules.

    Hope you have a good weekend and your weather improves.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maarit

    I cannot believe that my card inspired such a gorgeous creation.

    You have done much better than I did.

    I can see Brenda has put me under pressure to do more!! Oh dear!!

    Your sky is awesome and the scene below is so beautiful.

    Good look with the Monopoly .. .. I am more of a scrabble player - but have to make do with the Nintendo DS version as no-one likes playing it but me. LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a fantastic card! I'm so glad you joined the SFTW challenge this time, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maarit,
    I love this card! The images are fantastic and I love your inking, it really brings the scene to life. The colours you have used are beautiful.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card love all the different techniques you have used.Thanks for joining us at abc this fortnight

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful. I always admire people that really can use this stampscapes stamps, they are so great.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
    *Gunn*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the colour tones of the sky and fab image. Thanks for joining us over on BTC&G. nnalorac.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this style of card and you have done it beautifully. Thanks for joining in at By The Cute And Girly this month.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit