Tuesday, June 22, 2010

OLW9 Flourishes

Good morning! Hope you're enjoying good weather in your part of the world. We have a lovely sunshine and the strawberries are full of wonderful sweetness. Love strawberries!
Last Saturday we had a royal wedding here in Stockholm and I did see the Swedish crown princess Victoria and her prince Daniel. They were passing just a few meters away and they looked very happy. Lots of people, 250.000, were out to catch a glimpse of them and to celebrate, so we were lucky.

I'm been having fun with this weeks one layer card. I found out that it is easier to make them if I stamp on a scrap piece to find out what ink colours and stamps works together. Then I don't need to use up all my card stock to experimental stamping. He he, it always takes time for me to find out the easy way. The use of scrap paper isn't a novelty!

I used TH stamps for this cards. The flourish has been stamped twice with Distress Ink Broken China to get a complete flourish. The sentiment is stamped with Versa Color Gold. The fab gems are KC and the corners are made with a EK Success corner rounder. The photo doesn't make the colours justice.

You can find the One Layer Wednesday challenge 9 here.

Thanks for visiting and for any comments you may leave. Tomorrow is the last the to join my candy. You can find the link at my sidebar.

Love
Maarit

4 comments:

  1. This is very elegant. I would love to try one layer cards but am too scared to stamp direct onto the card!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very elegant Marrit and what a wonderful sentiment.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too "test" stamp on scrap paper. Of course, it took me a while to figure that out, after I'd wasted several good cards! LOL! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit