Monday, June 14, 2010

Getting out of my box

Hi! Hope you had a fab weekend and have something to look forward this week. I'm looking forward to my birthday cake at Wednesday. A rich chocolate one! Yum! Have lost a few pounds this spring on doctors order so I can say I'm worth it, he he. (Will serve it with some berries so there's something healthy too!)

Susan's fab One Layer Wednesday Challenge is very inspiring. It really gets me out of my box, in a very good way! All you need is ink and stamps and it boosts your creativity. This week we're masking backgrounds.

My first attempt ended up with a mess, there were too much going on. At one point I had a second layer in my hand. It's so tempting to add more...and more. Sigh!
One layers needs less! So I'm showing the second card with some safe boxes :)
The mask was cut out from ordinary paper and I sponged the colour. The paper was a bit too thin, but the colour splats are OK, gives some shabby feel to the very clean card.

Stamps: Inkido
Colour: Distress Inks and Liquid Pearls

Come back later this week for my small give away to celebrate my birthday/blogoversary.

Thanks for visiting and any comments you may leave. They do brighten my day!

Love
Maarit

5 comments:

  1. Hello Maarit

    This looks extremely elegant, loving the two tone colours.

    I'm sure have that stamp set somewhere, some if the inchies I got last year, ned to dig it out I think as you have inspired me.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card..super fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, a lot of masking work done here!! just can't go wrong with butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maarit, your card is wonderful! The level of detail in the masking and splatters is soooo lovely and interesting, while still very clean. Thanks for playing the OLW challenge again!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit