Thursday, June 17, 2010

Flowers

Good morning! Today we have a wonderful sunshine and a new fridge with a freezer is on it's way to our redecorated kitchen. We've been without a freezer whilst decorating, so I'm looking forward to fill it with food. Even though nearest grocery store is only five minutes away :)

Today's card is for the Stampartic challenge as they want to see flowers.
I clear embossed a stamp image from Hero Arts on a dictionary page and coloured the page with Distress Inks.
The brown decor paper is made with TH swirls, Distress Inks and golden Perfect Pearls.
TH Love is stamped on a KC decor paper with Distress Inks.
I used a Panduro heart punch, MS border punch and a Cuttlebug die for embellies.
The lovely Cuttlebug die cut has a fab shimmer of Perfect Pearls, it's a pity it doesn't show better in the pic.
The fab flowers are reused from another card, I added some more Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls to the roses to match the card better.
Half pearls are KC, dragonfly brad and skeleton leaves are from my stash.

I'm quite excited at the moment, I have been able to sell a few of my cards and I think that someone will like this one too. Never thought that anyone would want to buy my cards. But dear hubby and mum were convinced of it :)

Love
Maarit

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, so elegant!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maarit

    This is gorgeous.

    I love the colours and all the beautiful detail.

    Never thought of using my skeleton leaves to back flowers. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Have fun filling the freezer!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lekre farger på dette kortet og Flotte lag på lag! Virkelig lekkert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maarit

    This is gorgous, how clever using the skeleton leaves like this, makes it all so tactile.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nyydelig blomster kort!!
    Takk for at du deltar!

    Klem,
    Jorunn

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit