Monday, June 7, 2010

Finally some one layer cards!

Hope your having a good start on the week even though it's a Monday. Yesterday I managed, at last, to make some one layer cards. It took some practice and a lot of stamping before I was pleased. The rounded corners completed the look of them, just as Bonnie says at her blog!

Fish stamp is Kortmakaren and sentiment is Prima. Dew drops from my stash.

I'm entering:
One layer Wednesday Challenge: repetition (stamps or small embellies)

I made five cards for a giftbox so I'll show you all of them. I used Distress Inks for all the stamping. The blue flower is Prima and the smaller one is a punched one. I guess that this card might not be counted as a one layer card, but the flower do make this card.
Here's one with a Panduro starfish and half pearls from KC.
Gems from KC and a marker pen for the fish eyes to make them pop out.
Sailing boat from Panduro. This card could work for a toddler.

All this whiteness is a bit scaring and I'm not yet comfortable with one layers, but I'll work on it. Can't go around with a fear of clean cards, he he.

Love
Maarit

4 comments:

  1. You embraced the white space, and it is good. Very, very good. Not scary at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maarit

    It must be really difficult to make one layer cards .. .. but you do it really well.

    Not sure where I would start!

    I am loving your "life is sweet" sentiment very much.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monring Maerit

    Your cards are so very elegant, you have mastered the one layer card to perfection.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit