Sunday, March 21, 2010

Springflowers for easter


Good morning! I hope you´re enjoying your weekend so far. Yesterday I tried a walk outdoors and I managed it for five minutes... It was lovely to come out to the warming sun and even better to get a rest after the short but intense exercise, hehe. It will take many months before I´m fully recovered, but that´s normal and I´m happy to manage as much as I do. Especially some crafting ;)

Here in Sweden we have a tradition to bring in bare branches and decorate them for easter. They are often decorated with brightly coloured feathers, but I saw some fab paper flowers and an easy tut at Tesas blogg and decided to have a go with them. It´s in Swedish but it´s a short video and I believe that you can easily follow what she´s doing. All you need are four thin sheets of decorpaper and some ordinary thin steel wire. I used some Origami papers as they are coloured on both sides.
I don´t have a butterfly punch so I stamped and embossed Inkido butterflies and cut them out.



Here´s a close up of one of the flowers. Now when I´m looking at it I think I´ll ink the edges to get some more depth. I often spot something after I have set the project aside, it is like it needs a days rest before I can finnish it. Do you have the same experience?

A Spoon Full of Sugar
- easter

Well that´s all from me today,

warm hugs
Maarit

2 comments:

  1. How very prety Mareet, the lovey bright colours make it feel like Spring. And so pleased you enjoyed a little time in the sun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jättefint! Igår testade jag att göra blommorna med riktigt tjockt toalettpapper och de blev jättebra.
    Kul att du gillade mitt tips:)
    Kram Tesa

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit