Thursday, March 18, 2010

Easter card


Good afternoon everyone! I´m back home from my operation and I did get some lovely gifts. Chocolate from hubby and lots of fun craft stuff from my mother and the lovely Mita at Altheas Mix. I just had to play with some of the gifts although I´m still a bit wobbly, could be the strong painkillers, hehe.

The image is a Magnolia coloured with watercolours and a white Sakura and a Sakura glaze to give the hair some shine. I used dimensional tape to pop it out and made a 3D head.

For the background I used my fab new stampset from Impression Obsession with Distress Inks and Sakura pens, the glaze pens gives a nice resist effect. I do love the new Distress Ink Tumbled Glass :)

The lovely flowers are Prima (thanks Mita!). Corners are Cuttlebug, border punch is MS, leaf and circle dies are QK. Pearls are made with Liquid Pearls. I also used a embossing tool to create lines, you can almost see them near the punched borders. The ribbon came also with the gift (thanks mum!).

I´m entering StampARTics challenge: We would like to see Easter cards in the colors; Lilac, dark blue and black with a hint of yellow and green.

Thanks for visiting,

hugs
Maarit



5 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit

    What a lovely card you have made.

    I hope that you are ok after your operation and that things aren't hurting too much.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so adorable, gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tack! Nu väntar jag nyfiket på att få se ditt påskris med handgjorda blommor;) Ha en bra helg. Kram Tesa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous hun, the colours go so well together, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! Love Edwin!!!
    Great lay out too!!

    Thanks for playing.
    hugs,
    Jorunn

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit