Sunday, December 6, 2009

White Christmas

Good afternoon everyone! Have you been following Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas? He makes the most wondeful things, amongst them I saw some lovely memory capsules. He filled one of them with glitter to create a shaker pin. That inspired me for this card. As I don´t have the capsules I cut a hole with a Nestie and covered it with acetate from a veggie pack. I lined the inside border with foam pads and filled it with some glass beads (I made a first try with glitter but it was too static and covered the acetate).
The background is also cut out with a Nestie but a slightly larger size. I stamped it with a TH frame and a sentiment from Kortmakaren that says "Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year in Swedish. I also distressed it before I glued it to place at the foam pads.
The image is Magnolia and the swirl is TH, the decorpaper is Panduro, snowflake is Cuttlebug. Pearls are made with Rangers Liquid Pearls and I´ve also added Stickles for some texture.

Whimsy Stamps Challenge
: Monochromatic
Just Magnolia: For someone special
Friday Sketchers: I was inspired the fab sketch, but I don´t have circle nesties... just wanted to show what I made of the lovely sketch
A Spoon Full of Sugar: Non traditional Christmas colours
By The Cute And Girly: A film- White Christmas , Tilda is sitting on a cloud watching the snow :)

Time for a cup of tea,

hugs
Maarit

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card & the colour is stunning love the shaker technique
    & window..thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stampe..

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tilda on a cloud, beautiful idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maarit

    Your card it truly stunning. I love it.

    So many gorgeous details - it must have taken you ages to make.

    Thank you for sharing with By the Cute and Girly this month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Violet! Love the colors and the little window you created. Thanks for playing along at Whimsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute and lovely card. great colouring, cute tilda. Thanks for sharing your creation with by the cute and girly.
    janex

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and the shaker element it fab. Thank you for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Maarit

    What an absolutely stunning card. The colours are lovely as is the layout.

    Thank you for sharing your card with us at BTCG.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous, you have captured the snow beautifully and I love your tilda. Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet card! Love how you have turned it into a shaker card! thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is beautiful! Soft, lovely colors, sweet image, beautiful coloring and that fun shaker! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card and your Tilda is very sweet and what a lovely idea making it into a shaker card.
    Thank you for joining us this month over at BTC&G.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit