Saturday, November 7, 2009

Winter Wonder

Good evening everyone! I treated myself to some new embossingpowders a few weeks ago and I´ve been exploring how they work with different inks. It was fun to just stamp away. This card is what I came up with and I think it works well with the Winter Wonder Challenge at By The Cute And Girly.

My long recipe:
I made the decorpaper using different Tim Holtz stamps; the wings are clearembossed and the background is coloured with Distress Inks. The corner stamps are embossed with Heat Its Silvery Pearl. Crown, harlequin squares and parts of some swirls are embossed with Rangers Liquid Platinum. The colour differences depends of the ink colour.

I have used a Tim Holtz mask for the background and I also used it as a stamp to give small colour variations, but most of it tuned in to the background when I sprinkled the paper with water from my MiniMister. So much trouble for nothing, hehe.

The heart button is fom Panduro and got a layer of Rangers Crackle Paint, some more colour with a ink pad and a coat of Dimensional Magic. I can recommend the Crackle Paint, my crackle medium gives so tiny cracks compared to this one and you only need one coat of colour.

Snowflakes and stars are plastic cut with Cuttlebug dies, they got a generous layer of Stickles.
Sentiment is Panduro and gems are from my stash. All paper edges got some Stickles too.

Next week I´ll start my part time job at a local school and I do hope I´ll get some spare time for crafting and for bloghopping.

Hope you all get a fab weekend,

hugs
Maarit

12 comments:

  1. I love this! It is so artistic! and I love the collage feel you have created! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card. Loving the colours and the embossing. Something I have yet to try but promised myself in 2010 :). Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs, mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Thanks for joining us this month over at BTC&G.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maarit

    What a wonderful, artistic, winter creation.

    So much I love about this.

    I love the fact that you have been working on trying something new and I love the final look.

    Lovely detail and colour combination and of course I just adore your heart button.

    Thank you for playing along with By the Cute and Girly this month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Maarit - I meant to say "good luck" with the part time job.

    I hope you still get time to craft!

    If not just do what I do and keep getting up earlier and earlier each morning (and iron as little as possible) - but please don't stop crafting.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning and unusual creation, love all the different mediums. Thanks for joining cute and girly. janex

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Maarit. I love everything about it. You must have had a lot of fun making it.
    Enjoy your new job.
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love the result you have achieved after all your 'experimenting'. Thank you for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful,the colours are gorgeous and love the embossed wings!!! Good luck with your part time job.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card Maarit, I love the colours and all the different textures.
    I hope you enjoy your new job and I am sure you will still find time for your crafting! Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very arty, lovely icy colours and the overall look is beautiful. Thanks for playing at btcg this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! it's a nice change from the normal "cute" that everyone does.
    Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit