Friday, November 20, 2009

A Bird House

Good afternoon all! This week I´ve been busy with this lovely bird house. I´m no good with folds and such things, but I found a template in the Tilda Ink magazine that was easy enough for me to follow.

Decorpaper and star shaped buttons are from Panduro. The gorgeous roses are from Handarbeta. I used a Cuttlebug die for the snowflake and a QK die for small leaves. Ribbons, gems and threads are from my stash. The faux stitching is made with Sakura pens. The acetate for the window, urm the birds wont get into to this house, is from a grape package.


Here´s a picture showing the roof. One side of the roof isn´t glued and you can open it to fill the house with candy or a tea light (the electric ones works best here).

The sentiment stamp is Prima. I have been generous with Star Dust Stickles and some Perfect Pearls. I´m quite pleased with this one, as it is my first real try with a bird house, but it was so easy to follow the instructions. Might try to make a card with fun folds too :)

I´ll enter By The Cute And The Girly again, you can enter their challenges with different crafts, and Whimsy Stamps Challenges who wants to something else than cards.

Got to show you the fab blog candy I won last friday at Simon Says Stamp. It´s a lovely Penny Black stamp and I´m so looking forward to use it. I have to say that I´m surprised over the fast delivery, thanks so much Simon SS! I´ll have a lovely weekend with this one! And with my family too, hehe.

Hope you all get a fab friday evening,

hugs
Maarit

18 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous piece of work. It's very beautiful and so well made.
    Thank you for entering it in the By the Cute and Girly challenge.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bird house and congratulations on your stamp, it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome!!! I would love to try that out! Just Gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love anything like this, so cute and gorgeous .Thank you for entering it in the By the Cute and Girly challenge. janex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous well done thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps Challenge this wk.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh... lovely birdhouse!!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant and so beautifully decorated. Thanks for joining us at BTCG this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!! Thanks for playing along this week at Whimsy Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous birdhouse and love your beautiful embellishments!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW this is fantastic, gorgeous details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh this is just tooo cute!!! I love love love it! Thanks for playing along with Whimsy Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maarit,
    This is fabulous! I love it.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just stunning!! Love the gorgeous soft colouring and the beautiful colour tinting you have done and all the fab finishing details! Thankd for joining us at BTC&G!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Maarit

    This is absolutely stunning, wonderful work.

    Thank you for joining us at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck with the draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at BTCG!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Violet

    What a stunning piece of work.

    I love your little bird house.

    Gorgeous colour choice.

    Thank you for sharing with By the Cute and Girly this month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just fab! I love the colours you have used and all the detail added, it's beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at BTC&G
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit