Saturday, October 24, 2009

Use a photo

Funky Fairys Challenge wants to see photos this week. I made a blue and white layout (my version of the Finnish flag) for a photo from a trip to Helsinki many years ago, it was a winter trip and freezing cold.

Decorpaper are Funky Fairys. The stamped images are Tim Holtz and I used Distress Inks for stamping and distressing. Alphabet is Sissix. Blue flowers, pearls, ribbon and small flower punch are Panduro. I made good use of my sewing machine for the circle.

I´ve hidden a tag behind the photo for journaling or more photos. The tag is from Funky Fairys free Christmas kit. I used two of them and stamped a Tim Holtz image on the smaller one. The lion reminds a little of Finlands Coat of Arms. I´m not usually keeping track of such things but as I was born in Finland...

Today I´ll be busy choosing new cardstock and adhesives and other lovely things, I hope I´ll come home with everything I need and not just things I fell in love with :)

Hope you all get a fab weekend,

hugs
Maarit

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful,the colours are fabulous!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning page, thanks for playing along with FF this week
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That blue color makes the LO stand out! Fabulous! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is lovely Maarit :-) The photo is fab and the colour combo is perfect ,, adds to the chilly look :-) brrr I love the corners and swirl ,,lovely :-)

    Thanks for joining the Funky Fairys :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great layout thank you for taking part at ffc

    ReplyDelete
  6. brrr, is right...looks FREEZING!!!.fab LO, thanks for joining us at FF this week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Maarit, I love the idea of Finnish falg, superb LO.

    Thanks for joining us this week at FFC.

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit