Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I was brave enough to use papers from a new stack.


I love these papers from Laura Ashley, found them on a sale. Have just been looking and drooling at them for two weeks. I saw that Bizzy Becs-Creatalicious Challenges wanted pink or plum with burgundy and green with lace, ribbon or fiber. I thought that this paper could fit in, but I do hope the cream background passes. I have distressed some of it with Distress Inks Worn Lipstick.

I used a Magnolia stamp for the image so that I can use Bevs fab sketch at Just Magnolia Challenge. I coloured it with watercolour pens and Distress Inks, I´m still not sure if I should have gone for less vibrant colours for the image, well too late now, next time I´ll be wiser...or not.

As I´ve used my distress tool (the unstitch tool) and Distress Inks to get a distressed look I can also join this weeks Cupcake Crafts Challenge.
I used scissors and hole punch to make the paper edge more interesting. I also used my oval scalloped nesties, QK die for leaves and Cuttlebug die for the flower.

Buttons and ribbon are from Panduro, everything else is from my stash. Whimsy Stamp Challenges wants to see buttons so I´m joining them this week too.

I soon need to do something to my scrap heap. If you hear about a mysterious explosion in Stockholm, you´ll know that it was my scrap heap that exploded, hehe. I´ve decided not to buy new papers before I´ve used a huge lot of those scraps. Wonder how long I will last?! I guess I´ll forget all about my decision next time I stumble over a bargain.

Hope you all get a nice evening with fab scrapping and stamping,

hugs
Maarit

16 comments:

  1. hi maarit
    your card is absolutely wonderful!! I oove the flowers and the beautiful colours
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Such beautiful papers and your distressing looks fab. The embellishments are yummy. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card, those papers are delish.. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Maarit, I love all of it!! I think you have coloured Tilda beautifully.
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card Maarit, beautiful colouring and she makes a wonderful Christmas card...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the reds, they really pop. Fun buttons accents and of course Tilda is darling too. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy and JM this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, well worth cutting into that new pack and Tilda is looking fab too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours and that flower is really fab a really nice touch, hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous,such beautiful detail and love that flower!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card and your papers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous! Love the adorable image and the fabulous choice of papers. Thanks so much for joining us this week. Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the well colored Tilda and wonderful papers you used! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card, love the distressing you have done and such a lovely layout too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CCC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, just stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with Creatalicious Challenges..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for saving your delicious Laura Ashley dp for our challenge at Creatilicious! Your card is gorgeous...so many lovely details to take in....

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card! That paper is so pretty... I haven't seen it around here!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit