Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall colours

I had so much fun making this card, I think it´s because I made the decor paper. I treated an ordinary craft paper with Gesso, painted it with some acrylics and wiped off the excess colour with a damp cloth and added some Perfect Pearls when it still was wet.

You can see the golden shimmer here :)

I stamped some Tim Holtz swirls and nameless leaves with Versa Color. Image is a Magnolia coloured with watercolour pens.
I have used QK leaf die and Sissix swirl die.
Flower is from The Scrapbook Store and brad is Reprint. Some doodling with a Sakura pen. Everything else is from my stash, I made the crochet flower following Nicoles recipe. I made a simple flower, the first part of the recipe.

Challenges it fits in for:
A Spoon Full of Sugar and Whimsy Stamps wants to see fall projects.
Cupcake Crafts wants to see pearls and swirls.

Hope you´re having a fab day,

hugs
Maarit

13 comments:

  1. Wow Maarit, this is stunning. I love the paper you have created, it is gorgeous. The colours are fab and the beads on the thread are brilliant. It is perfect!
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! I love the beading detail and the button detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Härliga färger, och pärlbanden är toppen!! Well done! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rich colours, a gorgeous card. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and your crochet flower is the perfect finishing touch
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Maarit, you've done a smashing job with this weeks pearls and swirls theme, love your colour combination! Thanks for joining in the fun at CCC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet, perfectly fall! Love that darling Tilda too. Thanks for playing along at Whimsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Violet, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and the shimmery background looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really gorgeous, i love the colours that you have chosen, a beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Cupcake, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous crad. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful! Love the colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty! I love the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I love the fall colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit