Friday, September 4, 2009

Birthday card


Good morning! Rain is pouring down and heavy winds throw the rain forward in cascades and the sun is shining. Funny weather, can´t decide how to be. It´s behaving like I am when choosing clothes, hehe. Or creating this card, now when I look at it I want to change something, but here it is glued together *sighs*.

Simon Says Stamp are celebrating Heidis birthday so this card is for her, they have fab sketch to follow. Happy Birthday Heidi!!!
Colour Create wants to see ruby, cream and gold.

Image and sentiment stamp are from Magnolia, I did only use a part of the sentiment stamp. Inks are Memories and Distress Inks. I coloured with watercolour pens and added some golden tones to the papers with Rangers Perfect Pearls (doesn´t show too well on my photo but looks fab IRL).
The swirly paper is from Maja Design and all others are from my scrapbox.
I´ve used nesties for ovals, QK for leaves, Cuttlebug dies for flowers, tag, corners and small squares, Panduro heart punch, unstitch tool for paper distressing, corner and hole punch.
Pearls, ribbon and brads are from my stash.

I´m happy it´s Friday today, tonight we´ll have a chinese take away and choose some nice film for the whole family. Oldest son will also be at home because he has to get up early tomorrow for a football game, otherwise he would be with friends, it´s nice to have them around. They grow up so fast.

I do love your comments because then I can come and visit you too :)

Hope you get a great weekend,

hugs
Maarit

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is a truly stunning card Marrit :-) The image is gorgeous and the swirly squares and corners look fab,,, really sumptious flowers and colours ,,, I love this :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tilda is looking gorgeous and wonderful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tack för kommentaren i min blogg!:) Vad mycket fint du har skapat. Gillar ditt kaffefilter album...blev sugen på att testa att göra ett själv...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful card!!! Very good use of this weeks colours..

    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create Challenge blog.
    hugs janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!

    Thanks for taking part at my 'summer candy'! Good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is so cute, i just love it.
    sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tack för omtanken! Ja nu är d stenbumblingarna ute, ÄNTLIGEN!
    Dtor kram Mita - Altheasmix

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is beautiful. Just love the colour and all the lovely details. Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit