Monday, August 31, 2009

Small album for memories


I´ve made this small album for some pre school memories, it also works well with school memories. It´s great to collect photos from plays, mascerades, outings and exhibitions. You could make an album for best friends too. This is for Simon Says Stamp.

It´s so easy to make these if you have Melitta coffee/tea filters. You will also need a bunch of matching decor papers. I´ve covered both sides of the filter with DP. I sewed all sides on the first and last filter, the other filters still have the opening left for private tags with journaling or more photos.




For this album I used 8 filters, I didn´t want to bore you with pics of all of the pages.
I´ve borrowed the album idea from a book by Cathrine Rein Carlson and Turid Eide and it´s called new Scrap ideas. I don´t know if it´s available in English too, mine was in Swedish.

Papers are from a retail shop called Clas Ohlson, a heaven for men with some goodies for us too, hehe. I´ve used Distress Inks and stamps from Tim Holtz, House Mouse, Prima, The Paper Studio, Panduro and a nameless one. Dies are from QK, Cuttlebug, Sissix and Nestabilities. I have also used a flower punch from Panduro, Sakura pens, Dimensional Magic, DMC thread and been handy with me scissors. Lizards are from my stash.

I got my Magnolia Fall Kit today, hooray! I´ll go and play with those cuties now. Take care!!!

Hugs
Maarit

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Maarit. What a wonderful way to keep memories.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, i love seeing creations with photos it is something to treasure, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous album Maarit,,, what a brilliant idea ! This must have taken you ages to make !! The pages are decorated beautifully :-) A work of art !! :-)


    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fabulous mini book.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fantastic Work!


    Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge this week.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is beautiful and unique! I love the shape and the stitching!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit