Monday, August 3, 2009

Distressing

Distressing must be this weeks favourite, both Just Magnolia and Simon Says Stamp has it as a challenge. It also happens to be my favourite, lucky me! I really enjoy to rub in different ink colours to give some shading to the papers. The lovely sketch is from Friday Sketchers, I think I´ll use it again, so easy and fun to work with. My Edwin did get golden stripes on his shirt, you might be able to see them if you click on the pic. (I´ll see if I can get a better photo tomorrow :))

Papers: Bazzill cardstock, the others are from Panduro

Stamps and inks: Edwin from Magnolia, sentiment is Prima, bubble plastic, Distress Inks from Ranger

Colouring: Derwent watercolours, Sakura pens for some highlights

Tools: Swirl die from Sissix and unstitch tool for distressing

Misc: Star is a RockStar chipboard, can´t remember from who, brads from the Scrapbook House and some Dimensional Magic to the drinks.

If you have time, go to Lucy and see her wonderful Magnolia creations. She has her own style!!!

Take care!


Hugs
Maarit

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!I like this colour combination very much!

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea and SSS Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darling! I love the bright aqua card stock you used, how pretty!

    Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card Maarit. I love the doodling on the swirl and the distressing looks fantastic.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant card, great colours. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours on this card, your distressing looks fab, a really stunning card hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. I love your distressing.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous Edwin card and great distressing...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit