Friday, August 21, 2009

Christmas in August

Simon Says Stamp has Christmas as this weeks theme. That´s great! This year I´ll have some hand made cards for family and friends. It will be fun to hear what they think...or not, hehe.
The sketch is from Funky Fairies, at first I had some difficulties to sort out how I should use it. After testing different papers I´m quite pleased with the result and I´ll try the layout again. Now when I look at the card I only hear "She´ll be coming down the mountain when she comes" in my mind, lols.



Stamps and inks: Magnolia and Kortmakaren, Memories ink and a silvery one

Colouring: Derwent watercolours

Papers: flowery Origami paper, dotted one from Funky Fairies, all others are craft papers

Misc: star ribbon is Bazzills Just the edge that I covered with a DP, small stars Gütermann, snowflakes from local craft store, Rangers stickles and liquid pearls (it´s too fluid, smears and lives it´s own life), gems from Panduro, Dimesional Magic for pressie ribbon

Hope you all get a fab weekend!

Hugs
Maarit

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful card!I love the image and the papers!Beautiful details!

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so darling! I love this image and the snowflakes are so beautiful!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the image and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Funky Fairy Challenges & good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Maarit. I love the night sky with the tree and the stars and of course the gorgeous Christmas Tilda.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI,
    thats so a sweet Card. Wonderful Image!
    Thanks for joining in the SSC this week.

    Domi and the Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Maarit
    Thanks for playing along this week with Funky Fairy's
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic take on the sketch Violet, love the papers and now looking at your card I can see why you have that song going around your head...lol

    Thanks for joining us this week at FFC.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeouss card :) thanks for joining us at Funky Fairys Challenge blog.

    Hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful creation! LOve all the blingy accents :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is fabulous Maarit !! :-) The Tilda image is lovely and the papers you used are fab !!

    I am really smiling here,, I can hear that tune too now,,, what fun !! :-) I love it :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and the Funky Fairys Challenges :-)
    I have a blog candy on my blog that you can enter if you like :-)

    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit