Tuesday, August 25, 2009

3D card for dad

Here´s my first try to make a 3D card and it´s for Magnolias monthly challenge. I used my foam pads but they were a bit too thick, when I put them under Edwins shirt he seemed to have eaten too much for a long time, so I had to cut the foampads into smaller pieces. It´s probably easier to follow Magnolias fab tutorial, hehe. I used 3D for his face, shirt and shoes.
As I made a manly card with brown colours and some metal fasteners it can also fit in for Creatalicious monthly challenge.
Stamps are from Magnolia and Tim Holz. I´ve used Memories and Distress Inks. Ribbon is KC Blue Awning, papers are craft papers. Alphabet is Sissix, tag and corners are Cuttlebug. Image is coloured with Derwent watercolours. I´ve added golden accents with Rangers Perfect Pearls and a Sakura pen, and glossy 3D accents with Dimensional Magic. Thread is DMC and fasteners are from my stash.
Here´s a close up on the 3D effect. (You can also see the stains Edwin got on his shirts after cooking a steak, he should have used his apron.)

Yesterday I got my paper storage ready for use, now I got all my papers beside my craft table. It works well as I haven´t got tons a papers...yet. I could also use it for magazines or scrap pieces.
I made the pocket storage with some fabric leftovers and a lovely lace I´ve had for years. I found the recipe in one of Tone Finnangers fab craft books, I think you can get them in English too.

I hope you get a sunny day,

hugs
Maarit

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hun love the colours that you have chosen, the edge looks fab too, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilken bra ide till pappersförvaring.
    Fint kort och läckert att du satt hans huvud på 3D kuddar.
    //Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hej och tack för din kommentar i min blog :)
    Vilka fina kort du gör! :) Och oj, vad jag gillar fickan, helt perfekt att ha bredvid pysselbordet!
    Många hälsningar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic,love your colour combo and the swirls around the image....and your image is beautifully coloured!!! Thanks for entering our first challenge and hope to see you at Creatalicious next month!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is sooooo lovely, Maarit!

    Perhaps you like to join my blog candy? http://creawitch.blogspot.com/2009/08/geburtstags-blog-candy.html

    Love from Switzerland
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very nice, great job coloring in the image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! Love your paper storage idea too, it's brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours and love the edges..thank you for joining in at BBCC...
    regards
    Jan..x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your card...the image is simply perfection! Thanks so much for joining our first challenge....hope to see you at next month's challenge too.

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Edwin is looking fabulous, brilliant card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is stunning, great 3d work and a lovely layout, love the stains on his shirt lol...thanks for joining in with Just Magnolias Monthly challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card, and oo i see you have stamped around the Edwin image on your card too :), its a lovely effect isnt it :)



    x

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Fabulous.. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge.. Bec

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit