Saturday, July 11, 2009

Party card

I love embossing! I´ve made my first trembling steps and now I´m ready to emboss everything. The first time I tried the embossing medium just fell off, I hadn´t heated it enough and there I sat with all that fine dust on my trousers wondering what happened!

This card is for three challenges:
Funky Fairies 4 papers, 3 embellishments, 2 diecuts and 1 image
Simon Says Stamp Challenge paper piecing
Friday Sketchers fab layout




















Papers: paper with bubbles is from Funky Fairies, I used it for the paper piecing as well, black one an Origami paper, the other two are ordinary crafting papers

Stamps and inks: Panduro, bubble plastic, Memories, Distress Inks

Colouring: Derwent watercolour pens, Sakura pen for accents on the paper piecings

Misc: star diecut is QK, I made the arrow using a scrappiece (Bazzill paper I think), I have stamped the small bubbles with bubble plastic ( I know, there are stamps that give the same pattern) and embossed them with a sparkly powder from Reprint, stars are from my stash

Hugs
Maarit

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Beautiful the colours and like the figures!

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea and SSS Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card, well done on covering the challenges and thank you for playing along this week on FF
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card ;-) The images are very cute and the papers you used are perfect !
    Thanks for joinig the Funky Fairy's and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)

    Lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Thanks for joining our Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!! Have a great weekend!
    Luv,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, love the images and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at FF challenges and good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby card Mareet, love the LO, image and great colours.

    Thanks for joining us this week over on FFC.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, thank for taking part in the Funky Fairy challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab, fun, fresh card. Love the images you have used. Had to giggle at your embossing story !

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i keep avoiding embossing, it's top of my "things to try" list :0)

    thanks for joining us at FF this week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I love the card, it looks brilliant, Thanks for joining in with the FF this week, Hazel xox(Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maarit,
    your card is gorgeous,love the little monster characters that you have used. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit