Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My first Magnolia stamp and Nesties!

I´ve been admiring all lovely cards with Magnolia stamps and Nesties for a time now. So I thought that why not try them out. I was very happy for my purchase, but when I started the colouring it reminded me so much of those colouring books I used to get as a child. Always very cute images, but I´m not quite sure if that´s my cup of tea. I might give my new stamp another go, but it´s a bit sad to find out that maybe these adorable images aren´t for me. Ah well, there are like zillions of other stamps, so I´m not that unhappy! And I can always find a new owner to my stamp if needed. And I do like my Nesties, I´m very happy for them.

This card works for Just Magnolias fab sketch and for Cupcake Craft Challenges who wants to see some butterflies and blossom.


Papers: Patterned papers are Panduro and all others are ordinary crafting papers.

Stamp and ink: Magnolia, Inkido, Memories and Rangers DistressInks.

Colouring: Derwent watercolour pens

Misc: Ribbon is Magenta, gems are from Panduro, oval scalloped dies from Nestabilities, the sentiment is from my stash

Hugs
Maarit

12 comments:

  1. What an adorable card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers and the butteflies are stunning. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love your card and think that your coloring is awesome... I think you need to keep your stamp! Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Maarit, beautiful colouring and I love how you used my sketch...the butterflies are a perfect finishing touch...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO me loves this one so much, has a real vintage feel to it, fab image lovely layout and gorgeous buterflies, thanks for joining us at CCC hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Maarit and just perfect for this weeks blossoms and butterflies theme...thanks for joining in the fun at CCC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Det her er jo kjempe lekkert, digger motviet og papiret med skrift og sommerfuglene og alt! Utrolig skjønt :) Takk for at du er med på CCC sin utfordring :)

    Klem Ida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!
    Fabulous creation!
    Totally love your colours and beautiful detail!
    So happy that you have joined us at Just Magnolia!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I just bought my first set of Nesties myself (peony) so I know how you feel! Enjoy your new toys!

    Thanks for playing with us at CCC this week!

    lisabee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Maarit, the colours and papers are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so pretty, I love the colour scheme and the script.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at JM this week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit