Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Girly card



I´ve bouhgt some more Magnolia stamps. A member of Swedish Scrapbooking was selling her stamps as she didn´t use them anymore. I´m so happy that she didn´t throw them away. They are as good as new ones, one of them didn´t even seem to be used at all.
I can play with my new stamps as much as I like as the weather over here has turned out to crafting weather, cloudy days with some rain and small glimpses of the sun, lucky me. This time I´ve tried masking and making a background.

A pic from the inside as well. There´s some space for writing, not enough for me really as I always tend to write long stories, hehe.

I´ve managed to make a card for three challenges. Funky Fairies wanted to see something girly. I don´t know if my card is girly enough...I´ve never been that girly myself. And when I´ve looked at my sons schoolfriends many of the girls are so much more tougher nowadays, even though the carry small handbags. So this is my version of girly!
The fab sketch is from Simon Says Stamp and I really enjoyed playing with this one.
The flowers, animals and colours fits in for Cupcake Challenges; pink, green and brown (there´s some brown at the ribbon and sentiment tag). Although I´ve added some purple too :)





Stamps and inks: Tilda and backgound are from Magnolia, Inkido butterflies, Memories and Versa Color

Colouring: Derwent watercolour pens and Sakura pens for some glitter

Papers: Bazzill card stock, gorgoues pink downloads from Funky Fairies, Origami paper for leaves, rabbit and paper piecing

Misc: flower from The Scrapbook House, ribbon sticker Magenta, gems Panduro, sentiment tag from my stash

Tools: Nestabilities scalloped ovals, swirl die from Sissix, small flower punch Panduro, dies for leaves and rabbit are QK, unstitch tool for distressing

Hope you get a nice day!

Hugs
Maarit

16 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit,
    Your card is beautiful. I love the distressing and the swirls and of course the gorgeous Tilda. I look forward to seeing the other Magnolias.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fabulous card, great background and detail. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The rolled up corners are a nice "aged" touch, darling image too!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. The image is perfect and the papers are lovely. I really like the distressed look of your card. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denisex

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a gorgeous card ! The Tilda is gorgeous ,,, lucky you, it seems you had a nice bargain :-) the papers you used are fab too :-)

    Thanks for joining the Funky Fairys and Simon Says Challenges and hope you join next week too :-)

    Lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card Violet and well done for incorporating all the elements of this weeks challenge! Thanks for playing along with Cupcake Crafts :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow stunning card! Love all the pretty purple! Gorgeous!
    Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely colours! Love Tilda in her little scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Maarit. Love the sweet image and colours. Great detail by the curling of the edges.

    Thanks for joining us this week at FFC.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vilket fint kort du har skapat gillar färgerna jättemycket:) TACK SNÄLLA för ditt besök och din kommentar hos mig är jätteglad för det. Önskar dig en toppen dag, kramis från lilla pyssel Inger:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, lovely cute Tilda.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card Maarit, I love the cute Tilda image and the pretty flower details. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card, thanks for playing along at CCC ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet. great design and detail. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card, the image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty i love the layout that you used, thanks for joining us at Cupcake, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit