Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christmas in July, hoho!!

This was a bit funny; I went to my local plant school to get something new to my flower pots, and there I found this felt heart. They´ve had nice pearls and paper butterflies too! I guess they are using them for flower arrangements, but I love to use them for crafting. Their prices are lower than usual craft stores, but they can give me an odd look when I´m not poking around their plants instead.
When I came home I checked for challenges and there it was, Christmas in July, so perfect for my new felt heart. I really do like hearts for Christmas! I could have added something more blue to the card but, ah well, now it´s done.

Christmas challenge was for Whimsy Stamps and the fab and easy sketch is from A spoon full of sugar.


Papers: the red ones are Panduro, the blue is Prima

Stamp and ink: Tim Holtz flowerswirl, VersaColor for stamping and distressing

Misc: blue Sakura pen, blue stars Gütermann, felt hart from my local plant school, added some sparkle with Rangers Stickles, gems are Panduro

I´ll be busy with my family a few days (the usually swimming and splashing) but I´ll be back to Blogworld at Saturday again. Take care!

Hugs
Maarit

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,and a Fab take on my sketch,Thanks for playing along with ASFOS and whimsy challenges this week,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic different Christmas card :-)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very unique holiday card! Love the pretty accents and colors. Thanks for playing at Whimsy Challenges! ~Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, wonderful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card, lovely colours. Great to have you join us at Whimsy Stamps this week luv sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit