Monday, November 19, 2012

Paper Pleating

Hiya, hope you're all doing well! Time for a new Cupcake Craft Challenge and this week we want to see some paper pleating. Great for scrap users and us thrifty crafters. I made a real paper pleating statement, why go for tiny if you can go large? That counts for chocolate cakes too!!

The fabby image is from our generous sponsor A Day For Daisies who are offering a $12 Gift Card to a lucky winner. Bunny Zoe's Crafts are also generously offering a £10 Gift Voucher to a lucky winner. Great if you're like me, thinking of all things Christmas!!!

I hope that A Day For Daisies forgives me for stamping Merry Christmas in Swedish, it fitted perfectly to the image! I'm sure there are som fab dies for paper rosettes, but I went the old fashioned way by cutting a paper and using a score board to get the creases, then used some time for valley and mountain folds, it went quite quick as the paper was thin.

I also used:
ProMarkers, Alpha Markers
Sakura metallic pens, Stickles
Free paper from craft magazine
Alco inks for colouring the buttons

I would like to enter:
Simply Create Too: Use Your Stash (paper scraps and reused buttons)
Dream Valley Challenges: Anything Goes

Have a great week! I'll be back in two weeks, I'm totally busy at work!

Warm hugs
Maarit


20 comments:

  1. I loved your brilliant challenge Maarit and I think your card is gorgeous. Lovely colours. Have a great week. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this gorgeous card,fabulous design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super sweet dear Maarit! Thanks for the great challenge theme this week...
    Big hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maarit, cute card... I love the little elf! Fab pleating, big and bold! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Maarit, great paper pleating too.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun card and love the little person image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too in our Use Your Stash challenge. Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Maarit and just loving your pleating. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Maarit, love the little rossette, I love this challenge :) - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Maarit, fab pleating and a great challenge theme!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! Your rosette is perfect!

    I am joining in on the cupcake challenge this week, glad to meet you!
    Hugs, Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little Xmas elf is so cute.. Thanks for sharing at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck! Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maarit: Your card is so cute--love the image! Isn't this a fun way to use your stash! Thanks for joining in our "Use Your Stash - Challenge #26" at Simply Create Too. Come by tomorrow, 23 Nov, for our next great challenge

    Diane
    Simply Create Too DesignTeam
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww this is really sweet Maarit!… what a cute image and what pretty paper! and I LOVE the gorgeous Rosette… it looks fab! :-)
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so cute! The rosette looks amazing! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have beautiful card - I think it goes fast to pleat a card using the score board and comes out nicely as well. Thank you for visiting my blog today and leaving a sweet comment on my Wedding Card. Have a wonderful week! God Bless - Gail in MI USA http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super sweet card Maarit and a fab paper pleated flower :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit