Monday, December 27, 2010

A Sunset Card

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas filled with love and laughter. We have still a few left overs in the fridge, but the cookies and the sweets disappeared at once!
I have had time to craft with some of the pressies that Santa brought - a scalloped circle nestie and a text stamp from an Elusive Stamps set - and made a male card.

The sunset image was masked and brayered with Distress Inks on glossy paper and stamped with images from Stampscapes. The highlights were added with a white Sakura pen.
The wooden panels were distressed with D Inks, stamped with Hero Arts wooden background, embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and then distress again with the darkest D Ink.
Brads and card holders were coloured with Alco Inks, copper thread and ribbon are from my stash. The design paper is an Origami paper. The text was heat embossed with Tsukineko clear powder.

I'm entering:
Friday Sketchers: A fab sketch to work with.
Moving Along With The Times: Anything goes (not Christmas).
Scrapbook sisters: It's a mans world!

Wonder if it's possible to make a firework image with a brayer, sounds like a perfect project before New Years Eve, see you later!



  1. Lovely card, Maarit!! Such beautiful texture and a wonderful use of the sketch...Thank you so much for joining us at Friday Sketchers!! Hope your holiday is magnificent...Hugs..Jacque

  2. WOW this is amazing, I love it, thanks for joining in on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

  3. Wow stunning card!
    I didn't craft at all, just ate ham and chocolate, not the same time, but just sit on the sofa and ate... perfect holiday!
    Just a little too much snow and cold

  4. Beautiful card!!!

    I wish you a very creative 2011!!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

  5. Wow Maarit this is stunning what a beautiful scene I love it.
    Lorraine x

  6. Wow this is fantastic. I love how you have created the image,I wish I could do this!! And lucky you getting some great crafty stash for Christmas! Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. I hope you are enjoying the Christmas break. Pami x

  7. Hi Maarit

    I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas .. .. it sounds like you did .. .. especially if all of the cookies and the sweets have gone. LOL!!!

    I had a brayer for Christmas. I think it will be quite a while before I will be able to create something this stunning though!! Such beautiful work.

    Lots of great texture and interesting elements.

    Enjoy the rest of the Christmas break and have a wonderful 2011.

    Love Jules xx

  8. THis is really beautiful! Love all of the textures and you have created an awesome sunset!

  9. Hi Maarit!

    Thanks a lot for your visit and sweet comment on my blog!
    I love your card, the scenery and the c olours you used. Actually, love everything about it!

    Happy New Year!


  10. Thank you for entering your lovely card in our 16th Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge. Julie and Karen x

  11. I love that boot print ribbon!glad you joined this weeks challenge at Scrapbook Sisters. Have a good week,Julie.x

  12. Hi Marit... what a pretty card
    happy new year

  13. Wow, Maarit, this is gorgeous! Love the sunset scene and how you added the highlights, just amazing! Glad to hear you had a fantastic christmas. Our cookies were the first things gone too LOL.

  14. Fabulous colours and brayering Maarit.

    You know how much I love brayering and strong colours, so I really love this piece of work.

    Happy New Year.

    B x

  15. Gorgeous creation sweetie love the colours too, perfect bigest of hugs love pops x x x


I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs